miso with tofu


I really like tofu.

There. I said it.

I put half a package of tofu in 1 pint of miso, and that's a lot.

* 1 rounded tablespoon of miso is the base. 

The base of the base is bonito/kombu dashi, a seafood tea. Similar but more gentle to what you get by boiling beef jerky for beans.

* 1 small piece of precut kombu seaweed that looks like a dried cigarillo

* 1/2 cup dried bonito flakes unpacked.

Steeped into a tea. It could have been double these ingredients.

Then a few pieces of dried cut * wakame seaweed. And all that * tofu

* 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil
* 1 teaspoon fish sauce
* 1 teaspoons sugar
* 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
* 2 teaspoons soy sauce.

These are the magical ingredients that turn water into flavorful sauce and transform broths into something extraordinary. 

* chile flakes

You should try it. You'll be all, hey, look at me, I'm a Japanese chef.


No comments:

Blog Archive